Sewing, stitching, baking, cooking, gardening, shopping and general homemaking.

Sunday 31 August 2014

1940s Retro Blouse

This Simplicity 1590 pattern was straightforward to do and feels comfortable to wear.  I did struggle with the fabric I was using, it is a sort of silky searsucker, not sure if it is viscose or polyester.  It tended to slip when cutting out, frays a lot, puckers when machine sewing and the peplum curve was a bit fiddly.  But I am pleased with it...



It doesn't look as baggy on me as it does on the mannequin, must have put a bit of weight on since I set the mannequin up!  If made with a cotton fabric this blouse would be very easy.

The next blouse I make will be a very simple one.  I want blouses in fabric that drapes nicely even though it is fiddly to sew.

No comments: