Sewing, stitching, baking, cooking, gardening, shopping and general homemaking.

Saturday 24 May 2014

A Cream Jacket

I've been looking for a light weight jacket to wear this summer and managed to find the perfect one...
It looks like linen as it is a linen and viscose mix.  I'm very pleased with it, I don't like pure linen as it creases so easily but linen mix still has the look but not the bad creasing.  It doesn't show in my picture but there is top stitching along the seams and pockets.  I must try and get a better picture of that detail.  Also, there are button tabs at the ends of the sleeves - a nice touch that I thought.  I got it from the shop that a lot of women scorn, Edinburgh Woollen Mill.  I've got some nice things from this shop so I really don't understand their aversion, maybe it's because I'm not a posh person like they are!

2 comments:

tubby3pug said...

it looks posh to me

retro rover

Yaya Snaps said...

I agree with you about linen...can remember sewing it and wearing it back in the late 50s early 60s before everything was made of polyester. It looks a very fine jacket to me...classic and elegant!