Sewing, stitching, baking, cooking, gardening, shopping and general homemaking.

Thursday 17 October 2013

Sparkly Clothes

When I'm away on holiday I need something a bit fancy to wear in the evenings.  I don't think I ever owned anything sparkly.  When I saw this top I decided it would be just what I needed...
Usually I buy a size 14/16 (UK sizing) but when I looked at this top I thought it looked quite wide in the size 16 so measured it against another top that I knew fitted.  I ended up buying the size 12 and it fits beautifully.  All I can say is, if you are large you would probably find a size to fit you, I know my friend who is large likes this top, she said the style helps disguise her tummy area.  The sequins are not stitched on, they seem to be part of the fabric so I don't have to worry about them catching and falling off.
 
Here's how I wore it...
The cardigan and top are from - yes you guessed - Bonmarche, and the trousers are from M&Co.  I bought the trousers last year from their shop in Bexhill on Sea (yes, I was on holiday again!).



No comments: